Listen to the following track twice. Decide whether the statements are wrong or right.
- Katie is on a train from London to Aberdeen.
- Katie’s grandparents will collect her at the station in Aberdeen.
- She is travelling with her parents.
- She overslept so she couldn’t have a proper breakfast.
- She is looking for seat 52.
- There is an old man sitting next to her.
- The man helps her with her luggage.
- She starts to listen to some music by a group called ‘Milk and Honey’.
Correct the wrong statements of Aufgabe 1. If necessary listen to the track again.
Use the following modal verbs just once: should - mustn't - might - must - shall - needn't
- You use your mobile phone in class.
- Look at those clouds! It looks like it rain.
- Lucy’s room is untidy, so she tidy it up.
- My jeans are clean, Mum. You wash them.
- My father get up very early every morning.
- Frances, we meet at the Internet café in High Street?
Read the following sentences and choose the correct modal verb.
- Kim is watching an old lady who is carrying some heavy bags of shopping. Kim (to help).
- You walk past a snack bar with your friend. You are hungry and the sausages smell good. You say: “ (to eat)?”
- Sue and Allan are always late for the bus. They (to get up earlier).
- You mustn’t feed the tigers at the zoo. They (to bite) you.
- Sally’s mother has already made Sally’s bed. So Sally (to make it).
- George met a nice girl at the disco last night. He gave her his phone number. The girl (to phone).
By which prohibitions, advices or responsibilities is your life characterized? Write sentences about you by using the correct modal verb for the following situations.
- usually / at school: I .
- yesterday / my mother in the kitchen: I .
- next week / to stay the night: I .
- not yet / disco: I .
- sometimes / my room: I .