Listen to the track and answer the following questions.
a. What is the name of the radio programme?
b. How many million pounds of debt did the British Crown have after the wars?
c. Which two Acts were introduced in 1764?
d. Why was there so much tea rotting in the London warehouses in 1773?
e. Because of the new Tea Act the East India Company had to pay taxes when one of their tea ships …
1. entered London.
2. entered London and again when it entered a New England harbour.
3. entered a New England harbour.
f. Citizens wanted …
1. the tea to be sold more cheaply.
2. the ships with the tea to be unloaded quickly.
3. the ships with the tea to return to England without unloading the tea.
g. Samuel Adams became famous for having said:
1. “This meeting can do more to save the country.”
2. “This meeting can do nothing more to save the country.”
3. “This meeting can do much more to save the country.”
h. When the men threw the tea overboard …
1. they worked quickly and caused a lot of damage.
2. they were rather slow but didn’t damage anything.
3. they worked quickly and didn’t damage anything.
i. Historians say that the most important effect of the Boston Tea Party was that …
1. he desire for independence gained strength throughout New England.
2. the British Crown couldn’t control the colonists.
3. tea was thrown overboard in other New England ports.
j. The Sons of Liberty dressed up as Native Americans, because
1. they wanted to blame the Native Americans, to avoid arrest themselves.
2. the Native Americans were a symbol of freedom and independence.
3. the Native Americans were a symbol of war with Britain.