Add the missing relative pronouns and add commas where needed.
- My aunt Pam ________ had given me a ticket for the Pink concert ________ went to see the show, too.
- The tram ________ we took to get to the arena ________ was loaded with young people ________ were talking about pop stars and rock concerts.
- At the entrance my aunt met a friend ________ she hadn’t seen in a while.
- She ________ usually doesn’t talk a lot ________ couldn’t stop chatting.
- She told her friend ________ had travelled 400 km to come to the concert ________ the story of her life and vice versa.
- And guess what? My aunt’s friend knew someone from the concert crew and had got backstage passes! So at the end, my aunt and I got backstage passes, too! My aunt ________ was even more excited than I was ________ made my day: I talked to Pink herself! It’s unbelievable, isn’t it?
Complete the relative clauses using the fractions. Write down all the possibilities and and put the relative pronoun in contact clauses in brackets.
Kathryn is wearing a dress – Greg invited some people for dinner – you borrowed Will’s car – you told me about a hotel – we wanted to visit – the teenagers stole my bike – you can rely on Jack
- The police have caught the teenagers ________________________________.
- They all like the dress ________________________________.
- Is the name of the friend ________________________________ Will?
- Jack is a wonderful man. He’s someone ________________________________.
- The museum ________________________________ wasn’t open when we got there.
- What’s the name of the hotel ________________________________.
- Some of the people ________________________________ couldn’t come.
Correct the sentences by crossing out the wrong relative pronoun and replacing it with the right one. Use commas where needed.
- That’s the tram who I usually take.
- Where is the girl whom wants to become a movie star?
- That’s the boy that mother is Italian.
- Is this the magazine who you were talking about?
- Brazil is not the only country who has a good football team.
- My dad and I saw our favourite football team win that made us very happy.
Translate the following sentences into English.
- Das Haus, das Marys Eltern gehört, sieht aus wie ein Palast.
- Ist das der Junge, der Einrad (unicycle) fahren kann?
- Ist das das Mädchen, deren Eltern Ärzte sind?
- Menschen, die rauchen, können ihrer Gesundheit schaden.
- Geld, das für Bildung ausgegeben wird, ist eine gute Investition.
Listen to the beginning of Bram Stoker’s novel Dracula.
Complete the following statements about the text.
- After a long journey the I-narrator stopped at a hotel where ________________.
- The supper was very good, but ________________.
- He learned about Transylvania from ________________.
- He found out that Transylvania is one of ________________.
- However, he wasn’t able to find the ________________.
- The I-narrator wasn’t able to sleep that night, because ________________.
- He was in a hurry the following morning, because ________________.
- But before the train left the station, he ________________.