Read each sentence. If the sentence is in active voice, write “active”, if the sentence is in passive voice, write “passive”.
- The class ball at our school has always been planned by the parents. ______________
- The building had been modernized before it was sold. ______________
- Frank is being taught to drive by his older brother. ______________
- They didn’t give us the news until dinner. ______________
- For the past three years, our school has won first prize in the geography competition. ______________
- About seven years from now, we all will have completed our training or studies. ______________
- The watch was given to him by his grandmother. ______________
- Applications for the training programme will have been received by 1 May. ______________
- These days, travellers are booking rooms in private homes. ______________
- The team scored three goals and won the game without the star player. ______________
Use the information to write passive sentences about different inventions and scientific developments. Add words if necessary. More than one answer might be possible. Only write one answer.
- by 2030 / human-like thinking / achieve / with artificial intelligence
- currently / self-driving cars / develop / scientists and engineers
- penicillin / invent / Scottish scientist Alexander Fleming / 1955
- smart phones / use / consumers / for about 20 years
- at the moment / drones / buy / consumers / for recreation
Change the active sentences into passive sentences. Write two answers if possible.
- Susan gave Tom the book.
- The teacher always explains the tasks to us.
- Ruth has promised to help him.
- He has asked her for some advice.
- My friend is lending me the car.
- The tour guide was describing the building to the visitor.
Look at the pictures and describe the general process of making cacao/cocoa powder, and the process of making hot chocolate from cacao/cocoa powder. Use passive sentences. Write at least 8 sentences.