Form sentences out of the given sections.
- often / than / less money / earn / expect / you
- long – more / stay / London / like / the city / I
- not much money / although / I / want / buy / bike
- had better / work / hard / he
- to be worth / visit / London
Highlight the marked words by forming new sentences using stylistic devices.
- Grandma bought me my new dress, not my mum.
- What did you tell your teacher to upset him so much?
- Be quiet, please! The baby has just fallen asleep.
- You talk about my twin sister, not about me!
- Mary copied Peter’s homework, not Sarah.
- Of course she’ll accept his excuse, he showed enough sorrow.
Place the negative or limiting adverbial in front position of the sentences, and use the inversion.
- She has never seen anything quite so beautiful before.
- New York is not only one of the biggest cities in the world, it is also one of the most exciting cities.
- We rarely go to the cinema.
Listen to the following track.
Now answer the following questions.
- What is the information on David Copperfield’s birth?
- Are there any predictions in relation to his birth?
- Describe David Copperfield’s own attitude towards his birth and the related predictions.
- Explain the expression “posthumous child”.
- Retell David Copperfield’s reflection upon never having known his father.
Klassenarbeit Englisch 8. ‐ 9. Klasse