Write in British English.
a. to criticize
Change the adjectives in brackets into adverbs if necessary and complete the sentences.
- My car is _____________ (real) (old). Therefore, I drove quite _____________ (slow) to the meeting.
- My brother is a _____________ (good) sportsman. He plays tennis and squash very _____________ (good).
- Why do you always have to work so _____________ (hard)?
- My friend Sally is _____________ (extreme) (angry) with me because I forgot her birthday.
- I am not very _____________ (good) at maths. I think this maths question is _____________ (absolute) (impossible) to answer.
- Do you know that the weather is _____________ (terrible) today? It’s _____________ (awful) (cold).
Put the adverbs in brackets into their correct position. Sometimes there is more than one possibility to place the adverbs.
- Tom and Jenny like to visit museums. (really)
- They meet friends. (at the museums – often)
- They went to the Museum of Natural Sciences. (last Saturday – in New York).
- They met two neighbours who are nice. (extremely – on that day).
- They go home after visiting a museum, but they went to a renovated restaurant. (perfectly – quickly – last Saturday – usually)
Write a summary of the text below.
Looking for an answer?
If you’re looking for answers, look no further. Our new encyclopedia, the “Encyclopedia 2013”, sets new standards:
– 300,000 headwords,
– 40,000 visual elements such as colour photos, charts and diagrams,
– more than 20,000 biographies of important people
fill more than 24,000 pages, so our “Encyclopedia 2013” can be called the biggest encyclopedia ever. With over 125 years of experience and expertise, only the “Encyclopedia 2013” offers its readers an incomparable depth and breadth of various kinds of information. Whether you’re up for only a quick access about something that just slipped out of your mind or whether you’re interested in detailed articles on almost any imaginable subject, we’re here to answer your question!
All entries have been thoroughly revised and updated, and more than 30 % of our articles inform you about new technologies, modern innovations and recent inventions in fields such as nanotechnology and modern genetic research. The 30 volume edition comes with an additional audio-DVD containing high-quality recordings of musical masterpieces, political speeches as well as examples of animal sounds such as the song of the humpback whale etc. There’s almost no information that you won’t find in our “Encyclopedia 2013” – don’t hesitate: Ensure your own access to first-class, up-to-date knowledge now!
Translate the sentences below.
- Sie war nervös, weil sie ihren Führerschein verloren hatte.
- Ich lerne Spanisch, damit ich mich mit meiner Freundin aus Argentinien besser unterhalten kann.
- Können Sie mir bitte sagen, wo das Büro des Direktors ist?
- Obwohl das Wetter fantastisch war, konnten sie ihren Urlaub nicht genießen.
Klassenarbeit Englisch 7. ‐ 8. Klasse