Complete the sentences using appropriate relative pronouns.
- I know the man _____________ is standing over there.
- We liked the movie ________________ was shown at the cinema.
- This is the girl _______________ brother works at our school.
- The street _______________ my grandparents live is called Marlow Street.
- Is there anything else _______________ you would like to know?
Use defining relative clauses to make one sentence out of two.
1. That’s Sarah. She won the contest.
2. I would like to have a big car. The car shouldn't cost too much.
3. This is my friend Mark. His son is a famous writer.
4. Have you found your wallet? You were looking for it all morning.
5. Is that the suit? You bought one last week.
Translate the sentences into English. Pay attention to punctuation.
1. Kennst du jemanden, der meinen Rechner reparieren kann?
2. Das Motorrad, das in den Zaun fuhr, ist stark beschädigt.
3. Das ist alles was ich wissen möchte.
4. Das Haus, das blaue Türen hat, ist sehr klein.
5. Autofahrer, die viel Alkohol trinken, können sehr gefährlich sein.
Read Paula's e-mail, in which she tells about her daily life. Fill in the gaps using the words from the box below.
feed stables bored ride proud penfriends spend
I am Paula and I am 14 years old. I live in a little village in the country. My parents have a farm with lots of animals, mostly sheep. I like to ____________ my free time with my horse. Her name is Princess. We also have 2 dogs and 3 cats, no, actually 8 cats at the moment, because we also have 5 kittens. They are really cute. My mom says we can only keep one of them, so we will have to find new families for the other four. As I've already said, apart from school, I spend most of my time with my horse. My mother, my brother, and my two sisters also have their own horses, and five horses mean a lot of work. Everyone has to look after his or her own horse. But we usually do all the work together. In the mornings we ___________ them and bring them to the field if the weather is nice. Then the whole family has breakfast together. While we are at school, my mother cleans the house and does the shopping and all of that. My father works on the farm, of course. He's got 4 other workers to help him. After school we ____________ our horses so that they don't get __________ and too fat. I love that time of day when I can clean Princess and then be out in the fields with her. We also have to do a lot of training, because I go to horse shows with her. I do horse jumping and cross-country. We've already won some prizes, and I'm very _____________ of that. Anyway, after riding we have to clean up the ____________ and feed the horses again. The good thing about living on a farm is that you can have your horse right next to your house. So I can be together with Princess whenever I like. But of course, I also have to do my homework, and I like being with my friends. Most of them have got horses, too, so sometimes we go riding in the fields together. And I also like listening to music and writing letters to my ______________ in China, Australia, and Brazil. I think it's very interesting to get to know how people live in other parts of the world. Maybe you can tell me about your life in Germany. I'd love to hear about it!
Listen to the voicemails in which teenagers from Britain and the UK describe their daily life.
Tick off (√) the statements which are true.
1. Stacey comes from the USA.
2. Stacey can drive a car.
3. Stacey usually has cheerleading practice in the afternoons and games on Saturdays.
4. On Saturdays, Stacey and her friends sometimes go to Washington.
5. On Sundays, Stacey usually has a long breakfast with her family and goes to church.
6. Nolan attends a comprehensive school in Britain.
7. Nolan likes fish and chips.
8. Nolan plays in his school's orchestra.
9. There is a club in Nolan's school in which you can learn how to repair cars.
10. At weekends, Nolan delivers newspapers in his neighbourhood in order to earn some money.
Write a short text (about 100 words) about your daily life. Tell about yourself, your family, school, and the things you like to do at the weekends.