Complete the sentences with the verbs in the past perfect.
- When Sally arrived at home, her husband _____ (already prepare) dinner.
- As my brother _____ (forget) to tell me that I was supposed to go to the supermarket, we didn’t have anything to eat last night.
- When Billy finally got to the train station, the train _____ (already leave).
- Samantha was very tired because she _____ (work) hard all day.
- When Christine met one of her favourite TV stars on Broadway, she was very excited because she _____ (never see) any stars before.
- On Thursday, Dan came home from a long journey around the world and his mum was very happy to see him again as she _____ (not even talk) to him for a month.