Read the following sentences and decide whether they are a passive or active sentences.
- A lot of vegetables are grown here.
- The post is usually collected at 12 o’clock.
- This company makes a lot of new computers.
- Mrs Dodson phones her mother every day.
- The living room is being painted by Luke’s father.
- Sue is tidying her room at the moment.
- A lot of airports are being build just now.
- I am woken by my father every morning.
Write a passive sentence for each picture and use the present progressive.
1. The park _____.
2. The shop _____.
3. A horror film _____.
4. An exam _____.
Put the following sentences into the passive form. Do not use the by-agent.
- People don’t use this road very often.
- How do we learn foreign languages?
- Someone is giving little Timmy a toy trumpet.
- Why do people often break into that supermarket?
- Somebody is following our car.
- Somebody sends Ann a parcel every month.
Listen to the track twice and answer the questions in full sentences.
- Who began building the Tower of London?
- What is the White Tower?
- What was kept there during the Middle Ages?
- Why are six to seven ravens still kept today?
- How many tourists come every year to visit the Tower of London?
- Who looks after the Tower of London today?
- Why are they called Beefeaters?
Say it in English.
- Was sagst du, nachdem dir jemand vorgestellt wurde?
- Was sagst du, wenn du jemandem deinen Freund/deine Freundin vorstellen möchtest?
- Wie fragst du, wo die nächste Bushaltestelle ist?
- Wie sagst du, dass du etwas nicht verstanden hast und die Person bittest, es zu wiederholen?
Klassenarbeit Englisch 7. Klasse