Fill in the gaps using words from the table below.
represents artist to symbolize expression stands effect
- The _____________ has chosen bright colours in order to make the picture even more impressive.
- The dove is used ________________ peace.
- The figure of a little girl in the foreground of the picture __________________ innocence.
- This symbol ________________ for the United Kingdom.
- The ____________________ on his face, as well as his body language, shows that he is very excited.
- The writing has a frightening ________________ on the observer.
Fill the gaps using the correct prepositions (in, at or on).
- ________ the bottom of the picture, I can see a big circle.
- ________ the right of the picture, there is a man sitting in a chair.
- ________ the bottom-left corner of the picture, there is an animal coming out of the water.
- ________ the middle, there is a small rectangle.
- ________ the background, I can see a big crowd of people.
- ________ the left of the picture, there is a man in a blue jacket.
- ________ the top of the picture is some writing.
Read the text. Summarize it in German. Write about 3-5 sentences.
We are surrounded by new technologies. We use them in our daily life, at work, and in our free time. Our offices are equipped with laptops, printers, and scanners which make our work as easy and efficient as possible. Our homes are filled with food processors, dishwashers, and other household appliances which save time and energy. These technologies provide us with information and entertainment, save time, and bring a lot of comfort. In fact, they have become such an integral part of our existence that we can can hardly imagine our lives without them. Yet, not everyone realizes that new technologies may be harmful.
The Internet, for instance, allows us to access all kinds of information, be it news from all over the world, scientific articles, music, or the latest films. With it, we can communicate with people from all over the world, buy and sell things, and even virtually visit any corner of the world. Yet it often makes people anti-social and overly dependent on their gadgets. Some may hardly enjoy good weather or a lunch with a friend, as they are too busy browsing the Web and checking their Facebook messages. Some people are truly addicted to the Internet, so that a day offline makes them feel down and even depressed. Many of them are keen on sharing everything with the entire world without thinking about privacy, which can be rather dangerous.
Thus the Internet, just like any other modern technology, has both a positive and negative impact on our lives, and this is something each of us should bear in mind.
Think about the advantages and disadvantages of computer technologies in our lives. Complete the chart using your ideas. Use full sentences.
Analyse the following cartoon regarding its context, meaning, and effect. Write about 250-300 words.