In each sentence, an adverb/adverbial is marked. On each line, write what is qualified: the verb, the adverb, the adjective, or the sentence.
- Unfortunately, we didn’t have our umbrellas when it started to rain. _______________
- He answered the phone too slowly, so he missed her call. _______________
- Our neighbours moved to London last year. We miss them a lot. _______________
- The flat is always very cold in the winter. _______________
- Although it was long, the film was quite interesting. _______________
- Honestly, painting the garage was easier than we thought it would be. _______________
- She knocked on the door extremely loudly. _______________
- They thanked him warmly for his helpful advice. _______________
Look at the table. For each verb and adverb, write one sentence using the information given. Use a comparative if you have two pieces of information, and a superlative if you have three pieces of information.
ate lunch (quickly) jumped (far) arrived (early) speak (slowly) work (hard) Kerry 10 minutes 1.2 metres 9 am 30 words per minute 2.3 in English Jenny 5 minutes -- 7 am 60 words per minute 1.7 in English Steve 3 minutes 1.0 metres 8 am -- 1.3 in English
Unscramble the sentences. Write only one sentence using the words given. Sometimes more than one solution is possible.
- the extremely / answered / exam / difficult question / calmly / the / oral / I / during
- field / the / kicked / the / she / football / easily / down /
- all / politely / to the / listened / tour / we / afternoon / guide
- beautiful / in the / landscape / the / especially / is / springtime
- hot pizza / the / took / oven / carefully / she / the / out of
Write about a visit to a shopping mall or department store. You can use the graphic for some ideas or you can write about your own experiences. Write at least 8 sentences and mark the adverbs and adverbials.
Klassenarbeit Englisch 9. Klasse