Listen to the track. The verbs are in the past tense. Put them in the correct column according to how the ending is spoken.
[-id] [-t] [-d]
Put the verbs in the right form of the simple past or the past progressive.
When David (walk) into the garden, Tim and Robert (play) football. Mia (sit) under the apple tree and she (read). David’s mother (talk) on her mobile phone to one of her friends. David (put) his bag down and (start) to collect some wood for a bonfire. It (be) 5th November and the family always (have) a party on that day. While David (collect) wood and leaves for the bonfire his father (come) home with a big bag of fireworks. He (look) at the children and (say), “Let’s help David and then we will have a big bonfire.” Tim and Robert (stop) playing football and Mia (put) her book down and everybody (make) a big bonfire together. Everybody? No, the children’s mother (talk) on the phone still!!
Put the verbs into the correct tense (simple past or present perfect).
- I (just finish) my homework.
- Mary (already write) five invitations.
- Tom (move) to this town in 1994.
- My friend (be) in Canada two years ago at Halloween.
- Last week Mary and Paul (go) to the cinema to see “Scary Movie”.
- I can’t take any pictures because I (not buy) a new camera yet.
- (you ever be) to a Bonfire Night party?
Say it in English.
Sage auf Englisch, dass ...
- es anfing zu regnen, während du die Stühle nach draußen getragen hast.
- der Hund den Kuchen fraß, während ihr das Feuer beobachtet habt.
- ihr laute Musik gehört habt, als der Nachbar nach Hause kam.
- du geschlafen hast, als draußen ein Feuerwerkskörper explodierte.