Look at the pictures and make a comparison with as ... as.
- Box A is ___________ box B.
- Jenny is ___________ Liz.
- The blue shoes are ___________the yellow ones.
- Mrs Miller ___________ Mr Jenkins.
"Je ..., desto ..." - complete the sentences.
- The hotter a day, ____________________(I / much / drink).
- The more words you learn in English, ____________________(you / get good / at English).
- The more exciting a book, ____________________ (I / read / long).
- The quicker a car, ____________________(to be / it / exciting).
- The funnier a film, ____________________(I / laugh / much).
Translate the following sentences.
- Die Armen brauchen unsere Hilfe.
- Die Reichen leben in dieser Gegend.
- Der Kranke wurde ins Krankenhaus gebracht.
Listen to the track and complete the sentences.
Scotland is great, it is __________ Wales. Yesterday, I went climbing. It was __________ I thought. We had to climb up very high, but __________ Snowdon. I’m going pony trekking with some of the girls at the weekend. I think pony trekking is __________ mountain biking. The longer I stay, __________ it is to be here in Scotland. And the people here are even __________ back home in Wales, but the summers here seem to be __________ they are in Wales. I hope your holidays aren’t __________ they were last year.
Listen to the track twice and answer to the questions in full sentences.
- Who began building the Tower of London?
- What is the White Tower?
- What was kept there during the Middle Ages?
- Why are six to seven ravens still kept today?
- How many tourists come every year to visit the Tower of London?
- Who looks after the Tower of London today?
- Why are they called Beefeaters?