Have a look at the following car offers. Fill in the blanks of the following sentences to compare them.
- 2 years old
- 9 years old
- 3 years old
1. The black car is _____________________ (expensive) the blue car.
2. The green car is _____________________ (old) the blue car.
3. The blue car is ______________________ (old) the black car.
4. The green car is _____________________ (heavy).
5. The green car is _____________________ (cheap) the red car.
6. The blue car is ______________________ (new) the black car.
7. The green car is ____________________ (old).
8. The black car has ____________________ (low) weight.
Complete the following sentences with the right word from the box.
host chef pilot musicians dentist painter
1. If you want to go to Turkey, you need a _______ to fly your plane.
2. Sam plays the drums, Simon plays the piano, and Kyra loves to sing. They are all ____________.
3. Your walls are not white any more? You need a __________________.
4. Sarah has problems with her teeth. She should go to see the ______________.
5. Heidi Klum is the ________ of Germany's Next Top Model.
6. If you love the food in a restaurant, it is polite to thank the ___________.
Put the following sentences into indirect speech. In this exercise, the introductory verb must always be used in simple past, so you will need to shift tenses. Don't forget to change pronouns and time adverbs.
1. Ryan: "Mary, do you want to go to the cinema today?"
2. Mary: "Sorry, but I have to help my mum in the garden this afternoon."
3. Tasha: "Ryan, when do you plan to go to the cinema?"
4. Ryan: "I am thinking about going between 6 and 7pm."
5. Tasha: "Well, I have time. Do you want me to come with you?"
6. Ryan: "That would be great. Can you pick me up at 6pm?"
While planning a trip with your family, you found the following offer.
Your dad asks you some questions. Answer them in short sentences with the help of the information from the offer.
London City Cruises
Opening hours: 9am-5pm
Red Rover Ticket Prices (as of 2018):
£16.88 for adults (16+)
£10.80 for children (5-15)
Family (2 adults and 3 children) £33.75
The schedule varies depending on the time of year and which pier you wish to depart from. Cruises run every 30 minutes.
Highlights along the cruise include the London Eye, The Savoy, National Theatre, OXO Tower, Blackfriars Bridge, London Bridge, The Shard, The Tower of London, Tower Bridge, Wapping, Docklands, Canary Wharf, Greenwich.
1. I would like to get on a boat in the morning. When do they offer the first cruises?
2. There are five of us: me, your mum, you (15 years) and your brothers (7 + 4 years old). What ticket do you suggest? How much is it?
3. I know that your brothers would love to see the London Eye. Will they be able to see it from the boat?
4. Which bridges will we be able to see during the cruise?
You will listen to the recording once. Have a look at the questions first and try to answer them while listening using short sentences.
1. Why might some English people not be keen on eating a typical Scottish breakfast?
2. Why is Edinburgh still Paula's favourite city?
3. How much do you have to pay if you want to listen to music at St Andrews?
4. Why did Sam choose Paula as a co-host for his show?
5. Why can it be difficult to drive a car in the Highlands?
6. What is the name of the radio programme?
You will listen to the recording twice. Have a look at your task first and take as many notes as possible while listening.
What do we find out about Jason and his relationship to Kelly? Take notes.