Unscramble the sentences and questions and write them out. In some cases, more than one answer is possible.
- took / morning / a big test / in biology / I / this / .
- the new / last / we / weekend / see / zombie film / didn’t / .
- game / our football / yesterday / won / team / the big / .
- Frank / on Tuesday / see / did you / ?
- did / today / eat / for lunch / what / you / ?
Read the sentences. Match the bolded verbs to the correct categories (simple past, past progressive, past perfect, past perfect progressive). Write the sentence number on the line.
- Before her friends arrived she had been tidying up her flat.
- Our teacher wasn’t very happy about our exam results.
- My friend hadn’t known that our reports were due that morning.
- He bought a new bike last month.
- After we had bought the tickets at the box office, we saw a much cheaper offer online.
- What were you doing when you heard the news about your favourite singer?
- Monica wasn’t baking a cake when David called, she was doing the dishes.
- Who had they been visiting in Dublin before they drove to Cork?
simple past: _____________
past progressive: _____________
past perfect: _____________
past perfect progressive: _____________
Listen and put the events [a)–i)] in the proper order. There are two events that happened at the same time. Use the same number for both events.
__ a) Theresa thought of a plan.
__ b) Theresa and Marianne sent their names to a radio station.
__ c) Marianne called Theresa.
__ d) Frank and Marianne met for coffee.
__ e) Frank called Theresa.
__ f) Everyone yelled “Surprise!”
__ g) Marianne’s friends prepared the decorations.
__ h) The guests arrived.
__ i) Marianne’s friends started planning the party
Look at the pictures. Write a story using at least one example each of the simple past, past progressive, past perfect, and past perfect progressive. Write at least 12 sentences.
Klassenarbeit Englisch 10. Klasse