Read the text and find out.
- Who is in the story?
- Where does the story happen?
- When does the story happen?
- What is the title in German?
One afternoon a big wolf was waiting in a dark forest. He was waiting for something to eat. A little girl came along. She was carrying a basket of food for her grandmother. “Are you carrying that basket to your grandmother?” asked the wolf. The little girl said “yes”. So the wolf asked her where her grandmother lived. The girl told him and the wolf disappeared into the forest. When the little girl opened the door of her grandmother’s house, she saw that there was somebody in bed with a nightcap and nightgown on. She very quickly saw that it was not her grandmother but the wolf, because a wolf in a nightcap doesn’t look like a grandmother. So the little girl took a gun out of her basket and the wolf saw the gun. It jumped out of the bed and ran out of the house into the forest. Moral: It’s not so easy to trick little girls today.
gun = Gewehr
Answer these questions.
a. What was the wolf doing in the forest?
- He was waiting for the little girl.
- He was waiting for something to eat.
- He was trying to hide from the police.
b. Why did the wolf talk to the little girl?
- Because he wanted to know where she lived.
- Because he wanted to know where her grandmother lived.
- Because he was hungry and wanted to eat the food the little girl was carrying.
c. What did the little girl do after talking to the wolf?
- She disappeared into the woods.
- She went back home.
- She went to her grandmother’s house.
d. What did the wolf do to try to trick the girl?
- He put on her grandmother’s clothes and got into bed.
- He put on her grandmother’s clothes and hid under the bed.
- He put on her grandmother’s clothes and sat down beside the bed.
e. Was the girl tricked by the wolf’s plan?
- No, she wasn’t.
- Yes, she was.
- She was at first, but then she recognized him.
f. When the little girl saw that the wolf was in bed and not her grandmother, she ...
- took out a gun and scared the wolf.
- took out a gun and killed the wolf.
- called the police.
Write sentences using the present perfect.
- Robert never – help – Annie with the bonfire.
- Jimmy already – play – on the computer
- Bob and Linda just – look at – the photos of last year's party.
- Joseph – not – make his bed.
- Ann – not – clean the kitchen.
- Lisa – not – be to the supermarket.
Fill in the gaps. Use the verb in the simple past, past progressive or present perfect.
- Yesterday Gina __________ (to eat) pizza for dinner. Rachel __________ (to eat) pizza for the last three days. I __________ (to eat) pizza when Eddy __________ (to come) along.
- While Emma __________ to walk) to school, she __________ (to meet) Sam. I __________ (to walk) home yesterday. She just __________ (to walk) through the door.
- He just __________ (to write) the letter. I __________ (to write) a postcard when the phone __________ (to ring). They __________ (to write) an e-mail two weeks ago.
- Meine Schwester lebt seit zwei Jahren in Irland.
- War Laura gestern auf Peters Party?