Fill in the correct forms of the verb be.
Ann: "My name __________ Ann Scott. I __________ from Great Britain. My family lives in London. We __________ all very happy in London. My Aunt Mary and my Uncle John __________ very nice. Terry and Sam __________ Aunt Mary and Uncle John’s sons."
Terry: "I __________ twelve and you __________ ten, Sam. We __________ brothers. You __________ my little brother. And Ann __________ our cousin. She __________ (not) a computer fan."
Mrs Scott: "Sam and Terry, __________ you okay?"
Sam and Terry: "Yes, we __________. But the football __________ in Mr Green’s garden!"
Read the story and fill in the correct form in the present progressive.
Colin and Ben alone at home
Mr and Mrs Penguin are in town. Colin and his younger brother Ben are alone at home. There are a lot of jobs for them. So Colin and Ben are very busy* at the moment. Colin is in the kitchen. He ____________________ (clean) the kitchen.
There are glasses and bottles everywhere. Colin ____________________ (listen) to some music. His brother Ben is upstairs.
Colin: “Ben, what are you ____________________ (do) at the moment? Come downstairs. You can help me in the kitchen.”
Ben: “I ____________________ (have) a shower. See you in five minutes.”
Now the two boys ____________________ (work) in the kitchen.
Colin: “Ben, clean the bathroom now. I ____________________ (do) the dishes.”
Ben: “I’m sorry. I can’t clean the bathroom now, I ____________________ (cut) some bread.”
Ten minutes later Colin ____________________ (look) out of the kitchen window.
“Ben, what’s that? You ____________________ (sit) in the garden and you ____________________ (not help) me in the house. That’s not fair. Let’s finish the housework first.”
* busy = beschäftigt
Decide if the sentence is in the simple present or the simple past.
- Yesterday I ____________________ (clean) my room and then I ____________________ (phone) my friend to go shopping. I ____________________ (want) a new jacket. I ____________________ (be) excited.
- Now I ____________________ (be) in town and my friend ____________________ (be) with me. We always ____________________ (go) to the big shop in Main Street.
- I ____________________ (buy) a new jacket every year. Last year my mother ____________________ (try) to give me her old jacket but I ____________________ (say) NO!
- She often ____________________ (try) to give me her old clothes, but hey! She ____________________ (be) an old lady and I ____________________ (be) a young girl!
Make questions and complete the answers.
- (have) / your teacher / pet?
- (have) / you / a / pet?
- (have) / your neighbours / a dog?
- (have) / best friend / pet?
Dieses Dokument stammt aus dem Lernportal Duden Learnattack und ist unter folgender URL aufrufbar:
Weitere Englischthemen findest du hier
Wähle deine Klassenstufe