Past tense (2)
Listen to the track. The verbs are in the past tense. Put them in the correct column according to how the ending is spoken.
Put the verbs in the right form of the simple past or the past progressive.
When David (walk) into the garden, Tim and Robert (play) football. Mia (sit) under the apple tree and she (read). David’s mother (talk) on her mobile phone to one of her friends. David (put) his bag down and (start) to collect some wood for a bonfire. It (be) 5th November and the family always (have) a party on that day. While David (collect) wood and leaves for the bonfire his father (come) home with a big bag of fireworks. He (look) at the children and (say), “Let’s help David and then we will have a big bonfire.” Tim and Robert (stop) playing football and Mia (put) her book down and everybody (make) a big bonfire together. Everybody? No, the children’s mother (talk) on the phone still!
When David walked into the garden, Tim and Robert were playing football. Mia was sitting under the apple tree and she was reading. David’s mother was talking on her mobile phone to one of her friends. David put his bag down and started to collect some wood for a bonfire. It was 5th November and the family always had a party on that day. While David was collecting wood and leaves for the bonfire his father came home with a big bag of fireworks. He looked at the children and said, “Let’s help David and then we will have a big bonfire.” Tim and Robert stopped playing football and Mia put her book down and everybody made a big bonfire together. Everybody? No, the children’s mother was talking on the phone still!!
Put the verbs into the correct tense (simple past or present perfect).
- I (just finish) my homework.
- Mary (already write) five invitations.
- Tom (move) to this town in 1994.
- My friend (be) in Canada two years ago at Halloween.
- Last week Mary and Paul (go) to the cinema to see “Scary Movie”.
- I can’t take any pictures because I (not buy) a new camera yet.
- (you ever be) to a Bonfire Night party?
- I have just finished my homework.
- Mary has already written five invitations.
- Tom moved to this town in 1994.
- My friend was in Canada two years ago at Halloween.
- Last week Mary and Paul went to the cinema to see "Scary Movie".
- I can't take any pictures because I have not bought a new camera yet.
- Have you ever been to a Bonfire Night party?
Say it in English.
Sage auf Englisch, dass ...
- es anfing zu regnen, während du die Stühle nach draußen getragen hast.
- der Hund den Kuchen fraß, während ihr das Feuer beobachtet habt.
- ihr laute Musik gehört habt, als der Nachbar nach Hause kam.
- du geschlafen hast, als draußen ein Feuerwerkskörper explodierte.
- It started to rain while I was carrying the chairs outside.
- The dog ate the cake while we were watching the fire.
- We were listening to loud music when the neighbour came home.
- I was sleeping when a firework exploded outside.
Dieses Dokument stammt aus dem Lernportal Duden Learnattack und ist unter folgender URL aufrufbar:
Weitere Englischthemen findest du hier
Wähle deine Klassenstufe