Read each sentence. If the sentence is in active voice, write “active”, if the sentence is in passive voice, write “passive”.
- The class ball at our school has always been planned by the parents. ______________
- The building had been modernized before it was sold. ______________
- Frank is being taught to drive by his older brother. ______________
- They didn’t give us the news until dinner. ______________
- For the past three years, our school has won first prize in the geography competition. ______________
- About seven years from now, we all will have completed our training or studies. ______________
- The watch was given to him by his grandmother. ______________
- Applications for the training programme will have been received by 1 May. ______________
- These days, travellers are booking rooms in private homes. ______________
- The team scored three goals and won the game without the star player. ______________
- The class ball at our school has always been planned by the parents. passive (present perfect)
- The building had been modernized before it was sold. passive (past perfect/simple past)
- Frank is being taught to drive by his older brother. passive (present progressive)
- They didn’t give us the news until dinner. active
- For the past three years, our school has won first prize in the geography competition. active
- About seven years from now, we all will have completed our training or studies. active
- The watch was given to him by his grandmother. passive (simple past)
- Applications for the training programme will have been received by 1 May. passive (future)
- These days, travellers are booking rooms in private homes. active
- The team scored three goals and won the game without the star player. active
Use the information to write passive sentences about different inventions and scientific developments. Add words if necessary. More than one answer might be possible. Only write one answer.
- by 2030 / human-like thinking / achieve / with artificial intelligence
- currently / self-driving cars / develop / scientists and engineers
- penicillin / invent / Scottish scientist Alexander Fleming / 1955
- smart phones / use / consumers / for about 20 years
- at the moment / drones / buy / consumers / for recreation
- By 2030, human-like thinking will have been achieved with artificial intelligence.
or: Human-like thinking will have been achieved with artificial intelligence by 2030.
- Currently, self-driving cars are being developed by scientists and engineers.
or: Self-driving cars are currently being developed by scientists and engineers.
- In 1955, penicillin was invented by Scottish scientist Alexander Fleming.
or: Penicillin was invented by Scottish scientist Alexander Fleming in 1955.
- Smart phones have been used by consumers for about 20 years.
or: For about 20 years, smart phones have been used by consumers.
- At the moment, drones are being bought by consumers for recreation.
Change the active sentences into passive sentences. Write two answers if possible.
- Susan gave Tom the book.
- The teacher always explains the tasks to us.
- Ruth has promised to help him.
- He has asked her for some advice.
- My friend is lending me the car.
- The tour guide was describing the building to the visitor.
- The book was given to Tom by Susan.
Tom was given the book by Susan.
- The tasks are always explained to us by the teacher.
- Help has been promised to him by Ruth.
He has been promised help by Ruth.
- She has been asked by him for some advice.
Her advice has been asked for by him.
- The car is being lent to me by my friend.
I am being lent the car by my friend. (note: technically possible, but uncommon)
- The building was being described to the visitor by the tour guide.
Look at the pictures and describe the general process of making cacao/cocoa powder, and the process of making hot chocolate from cacao/cocoa powder. Use passive sentences. Write at least 8 sentences.
Cacao pods are grown on cacao trees. After they have grown, the pods are harvested. The pods are opened and the seeds are removed. Then the seeds are taken to a large room where they are sorted. After that, the seeds are put into large bags and are transported for processing. The cacao seeds are crushed to make cacao/cocoa powder. To make hot chocolate, the cocoa powder is mixed with hot milk and sugar. To make the drink sweeter, marshmallows can be added to the hot chocolate.
Dieses Dokument stammt aus dem Lernportal Duden Learnattack und ist unter folgender URL aufrufbar:
Weitere Englischthemen findest du hier
Wähle deine Klassenstufe