Read the definition and fill in the correct word.
- A ____________ is a place where a lot of young people stay. It's cheaper than a hotel.
- You want to go to an island. To get there you must take a ____________.
- You need some information about the town or village you are staying at. You can go to a ____________.
- Before you go on holiday you pack the things you want to take with you in a ____________.
- A ____________ is a place where you can have a look at interesting things, e.g. old clocks, pictures, etc.
- A youth hostel is a place where a lot of young people stay. It's cheaper than a hotel.
- You want to go to an island. To get there you must take a boat / ferry.
- You need some information about the town or village you are staying at. You can go to a tourist information.
- Before you go on holiday you pack the things you want to take with you in a suitcase / travel bag.
- A museum is a place where you can have a look at interesting things, e.g. old clocks, pictures, etc.
Choose will or won't for the sentences.
- You don't need a bag, I ____________ put all your books in my bag.
- I hope the school bus ____________ be on time.
- Don't go to bed too late or you ____________ wake up on time. And then you ____________ be late for school. And you ____________ be relaxed for your English test. But if you go to bed now, you ____________ feel relaxed tomorrow.
- I don't think I ____________ pass the exam. I am not very good.
- Hurry up or you ____________ miss the bus.
- You don't need a bag, I will put all your books in my bag.
- I hope the school bus will be on time.
- Don't go to bed too late or you won't wake up on time. And then you will be late for school. And you won't be relaxed for your English test. But if you go to bed now, you will feel relaxed tomorrow.
- I don't think I will pass the exam. I am not very good.
- Hurry up or you will miss the bus.
Read the text and answer the questions below.
- Sara and her friend Timo are planning a motorbike trip in the country.
- Sara: "Oh no, not Bayston Hill again. We went there last month. I'd like to go to the seaside, drive along the coast and enjoy the fresh air. There is a wonderful B & B with a view of the sea."
- Sara: "On the Internet it says that the road to the site is a bit bumpy and that's dangerous, too."
Timo: "But what's the problem? A bumpy road is not a problem for motorbikes. It's even fun to ride our motorbikes there."
- Timo: "It's always very windy near the sea, and that's dangerous when you are on a motorbike. I don't want to stay in B & B because it's too expensive. There is a nice little campsite one mile from Bayston Hill. It's a very idyllic site."
- Sara: "Okay, but next time, I want to go to a different place!"
- Timo: "How about going on a motorbike trip next Saturday? We could go to the village of Bayston Hill. There are nice roads near the village. And it's fun going up and down the hills."
Put the six parts of the story in the correct order.
What's the meaning of the following words?
[ ] a dirty road
[x] a road with a lot of holes
[ ] a noisy road
[x] a place for camping
[ ] a camp for motorbikes
[ ] the side of a camper van
[ ] ideal for motorbikes
[x] a beautiful place
[ ] an interesting place
Translate the sentences. Use the going-to-future.
a. David wird morgen in ein Museum gehen.
b. Die Touristen werden ein Poster von London kaufen.
c. Peter wird am Wochenende seine Tante auf dem Land besuchen.
d. Seine Freundin wird nicht mit ihm ins Kino gehen.
e. Wird das Wetter schlecht sein?
a. David is going to go to a museum tomorrow.
b. The tourists are going to buy a poster of London.
c. Peter is going to visit his aunt in the country at the weekend.
d. His girlfriend is not going to go to the cinema with him.
e. Is the weather going to be bad?
What are you going to do next weekend? Write five sentences using the going-to-future.
Your text could sound like this:
Next weekend I'm going to visit my grandparents. We're going to have lunch together. After lunch I'm going to play football with my grandfather. Then my grandmother is going to buy me an ice cream. In the evening we're going to watch a film.
Dieses Dokument stammt aus dem Lernportal Duden Learnattack und ist unter folgender URL aufrufbar:
Weitere Englischthemen findest du hier
Wähle deine Klassenstufe