Find the right holiday for the people.
- Alan an his dad love camping and fishing. Alan likes swimming, but he is not good at it. His dad got an old surfboard. Perhaps he can go surfing again. He went surfing when he was a boy.
- The Potters have got two children, Mike (6) and Lisa (14). Mrs Potter likes to do a lot of sports activities on holiday. Mr Potter likes reading. Mike loves to play on the beach and his sister is very lazy on holiday. But she likes to go to the disco in the evening.
- Sally and her friend Emma live in London. They haven't got a lot of money. They both like riding their bikes and hiking. They have to be outside, have a picnic and get away from the big city.
a. Alan and his dad are going to go to Lake Windermere.
b. The Potters are going to go to Spain.
c. Sally and her friend Emma are going to go to the mountains.
Write five sentences about your dream holiday: What are you going to do?
Your text could sound like this:
I’m going to go to the USA. I’m going to visit New York. I’m going to see the Statue of Liberty. I’m going to walk in Central Park. I’m going to write postcards to all my friends.
Write a holiday postcard to your grandparents at home.
You can use some of these words:
holiday – weather – swimming – disco – great – museum – hotel – interesting
Your text could sound like:
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
I’m on holiday in England. The weather is very nice. Tomorrow I’m going to go swimming with a friend. The hotel is very good.
Complete the sentences and say what is going to happen next. Use the following verbs.
to sink – to fall off – to break – to stop
- The man on the bike ___________________________.
- Watch out! You ___________________________ that plate.
- That boat ___________________________ if they’re not careful.
- Look! The policeman ___________________________ that car.
- The man on the bike is going to fall off.
- Watch out! You are going to break that plate.
- That boat is going to sink if they’re not careful.
- Look! The policeman is going to stop that car.
Write what the children are not going to do.
- The boys ___________________________ (not clean) their football boots in the kitchen.
- Dan ___________________________ (not put) the sand from the budgie’s cage in the toilet.
- The twins ___________________________ (not forget) to do their homework.
- Jack and Jill ___________________________ (not eat) chocolate before dinner.
- Tom ___________________________ (not take) the bus to school. The school is only 10 minutes away.
- The Thomson brothers ___________________________ (not laugh) at the girls again.
- The girls ___________________________ (not write) letters in class.
- The boys are not going to clean their football boots in the kitchen.
- Dan is not going to put the sand from the budgie’s cage in the toilet.
- The twins are not going to forget to do their homework.
- Jack and Jill are not going to eat chocolate before dinner.
- Tom is not going to take the bus to school. The school is only 10 minutes away.
- The Thomson brothers are not going to laugh at the girls again.
- The girls are not going to write letters in class.
Dieses Dokument stammt aus dem Lernportal Duden Learnattack und ist unter folgender URL aufrufbar:
Weitere Englischthemen findest du hier
Wähle deine Klassenstufe