Read the following text and tick (✔) the correct answer.
There was an accident in Main Street this morning. A car crashed into a young boy who was on his bike on his way to school. An ambulance took the boy to hospital. Doctors said that the boy had a broken leg and a head injury*. He is now in hospital. The police said that the boy had a helmet but that it was not on his head at the time of the accident. A doctor at the hospital said that many bike accidents that are not too serious can be fatal** because the riders do not wear their helmets. “He always wears his helmet when he leaves the house,” said the boy’s mother who was in the waiting room. “Yes, but it isn’t cool to wear a helmet,” one of the boy’s friends who had come with him to the hospital explained. “OK, perhaps you don’t think helmets are cool. But let me tell you what really isn’t cool. It isn’t cool to leave your house on a bike and to return in a wheelchair***,” said the doctor.
*injury = Verletzung
**fatal = tödlich
***wheelchair = Rollstuhl
|Right||Wrong||Not in the text|
|The boy’s helmet is new.||X|
|The boy always wears his helmet.||X|
|The boy’s mother wants him to wear his helmet.||X|
|The car driver is in hospital.||X|
|The boy’s friend has a helmet.||X|
|Sometimes people die in bike accidents.||X|
|The boy is going to go home in a wheelchair.||X|
|The boy and his friends think helmets are not cool.||X|
Fill in who, that or whose.
- An X-ray is a very useful thing ________ Wilhelm Röntgen discovered.
- Röntgen was a man ________ was born in 1845 and ________ wife was German.
- An ambulance is a vehicle ________ takes people to hospital.
- The man ________ knocked the boy off his bike is talking to the police.
- Mrs Parker is the woman ________ son was in the accident.
- The bike ________ was damaged in the accident is now at the police station.
- An X-ray is a very useful thing that Wilhelm Röntgen discovered.
- Röntgen was a man who was born in 1845 and whose wife was German.
- An ambulance is a vehicle that takes people to hospital.
- The man who knocked the boy off his bike is talking to the police.
- Mrs Parker is the woman whose son was in the accident.
- The bike that was damaged in the accident is now at the police station.
Add the correct question tags.
- You must wear a helmet when you ride a bike, ________?
- A doctor helps you when you go to hospital, ________?
- You aren’t hurt, ________?
- You had an accident last year, ________?
- You mustn’t make noise in hospital, ________?
- You haven’t had that bike long, ________?
- It is your right arm that is broken, ________?
- Doctor, I will be able to walk again, ________?
- You must wear a helmet when you ride a bike, mustn't you?
- A doctor helps you when you go to hospital, doesn't he?
- You aren’t hurt, are you?
- You had an accident last year, didn't you?
- You mustn’t make noise in hospital, must you?
- You haven’t had that bike long, have you?
- It is your right arm that is broken, isn't it?
- Doctor, I will be able to walk again, won't I?
Translate the sentences.
- Mein Vater wird wieder laufen können, oder?
- Es ist cool, einen Helm zu tragen.
- Es gab heute Morgen einen Unfall.
- Der Junge, der auf einem Fahrrad zur Schule fuhr, ist jetzt im Krankenhaus.
- My father will be able to walk again, won’t he?
- It is cool to wear a helmet.
- There was an accident this morning.
- The boy who was going to school on his bike is now in hospital.
Translate these words from German to English and from English to German.
- gebrochenes Bein
- waiting room
- to crash into sth.
- broken leg
- das Wartezimmer
- der Krankenwagen
- der Helm
- mit jmd./etw. zusammenstoßen
Dieses Dokument stammt aus dem Lernportal Duden Learnattack und ist unter folgender URL aufrufbar:
Weitere Englischthemen findest du hier
Wähle deine Klassenstufe