Musterlösung: Verben 1
Listen to the following track twice. Decide whether the statements are wrong or right.
- Katie is on a train from London to Aberdeen.
- Katie’s grandparents will collect her at the station in Aberdeen.
- She is travelling with her parents.
- She overslept so she couldn’t have a proper breakfast.
- She is looking for seat 52.
- There is an old man sitting next to her.
- The man helps her with her luggage.
- She starts to listen to some music by a group called ‘Milk and Honey’.
Correct the wrong statements of Aufgabe 1. If necessary listen to the track again.
- Her aunt would be waiting for her there.
- It is her first journey without her parents.
- She gets up this morning quite early after a long and sleepless night.
- She reads an interesting artic le about ‘Milk and Honey’.
Use the following modal verbs just once: should - mustn't - might - must - shall - needn't
- You use your mobile phone in class.
- Look at those clouds! It looks like it rain.
- Lucy’s room is untidy, so she tidy it up.
- My jeans are clean, Mum. You wash them.
- My father get up very early every morning.
- Frances, we meet at the Internet café in High Street?
- You mustn’t use your mobile phone in class.
- Look at those clouds! It looks like it might rain.
- Lucy’s room is untidy, so she should tidy it up.
- My jeans are clean, Mum. You needn’t wash them.
- My father must get up very early every morning.
- Frances, shall we meet at the Internet café in High Street?
Read the following sentences and choose the correct modal verb.
- Kim is watching an old lady who is carrying some heavy bags of shopping. Kim (to help).
- You walk past a snack bar with your friend. You are hungry and the sausages smell good. You say: “ (to eat)?”
- Sue and Allan are always late for the bus. They (to get up earlier).
- You mustn’t feed the tigers at the zoo. They (to bite) you.
- Sally’s mother has already made Sally’s bed. So Sally (to make it).
- George met a nice girl at the disco last night. He gave her his phone number. The girl (to phone).
- Kim should help her.
- You say: “Shall we have something to eat?”
- They must get up earlier.
- They might bite you.
- So Sally needn’t make it.
- The girl might phone him.
By which prohibitions, advices or responsibilities is your life characterized? Write sentences about you by using the correct modal verb for the following situations.
- usually / at school: I .
- yesterday / my mother in the kitchen: I .
- next week / to stay the night: I .
- not yet / disco: I .
- sometimes / my room: I .
- I usually have to work a lot at school.
- Yesterday I had to help my mother in the kitchen.
- Next week I might / I will be allowed to stay the night at a friend’s house.
- I haven’t been allowed to go to the disco yet.
- Sometimes I have to tidy my room.
Dieses Dokument stammt aus dem Lernportal Duden Learnattack und ist unter folgender URL aufrufbar:
Weitere Englischthemen findest du hier
Wähle deine Klassenstufe