Substantive und Artikel (1)
Fill in a or an.
- ___ animal
- ___ orange
- ___ fish
- ___ banana
- ___ old cat
- ___ apple
- ___ mouse
- ___ idea
- ___ elephant
- ___ easy exercise
Sarah is on summer holidays and sends Andrew a postcard. Fill in the definite article, if necessary.
How are you? I’m fine. Italy is great. ___ weather is fantastic. In the morning we usually have a big breakfast. After ___ breakfast we walk to ___ beach and go for a swim in ___ sea. In the afternoon we sometimes go to little towns by ___ bus. ___ shops are quite nice and ___ clothes are a bit cheaper than in England. We usually sit down in one of ___ cafés and have some ice cream. After ___ supper we often play ___ cards or listen to ___ radio. Sometimes we play ___ table tennis. What are you doing in your holidays?
Fill in the dialogue. The picture below helps you to find the words.
Sue: “Hi Kate! What are you doing?”
Kate: “Oh, I’m looking for ______________________. What about you?”
Sue: “I need ______________________ for the summer.”
Kate: “You’re right. My old ______________________ are too small. I need a new pair, too.”
Sue: “Shopping always makes me tired. Let’s go and sit down somewhere.”
Kate: “That’s a good idea. Would you like ______________________?”
Sue: “No, I think I’ll have ______________________.”
Kate: “Me, too. Let’s get ______________________ at that tea room over there.”
Write the names in the gaps. Where does the apostrophe go?
- I know ____________ sister. (Mandy)
- This is ____________ house. (Philip)
- Let's go to the ____________ house. They are our new neighbours. (Smith)
- The ____________ room is upstairs. (children)
- ____________ house is to hundered years old. (John)
- In this shop ____________ shoes are on the second floor. (men)
- ____________ and ____________ bikes have got blue stickers. (Florence / Tim)
- The ____________ basket and the ____________ basket are in the kitchen. (dog / cats)
Listen to track and fill in the missing words.
Pete is at the zoo today. He always wanted to go there because he likes ________________. He has got a ________________, four ________________ and two ________________. His uncle is going with him. When they enter the zoo, they can already see some ________________ and ________________. Look, over there! There are four ________________. But where are the ________________? Pete has seen them in his book at home. His favourite animals are ________________. First, they pass the ________________ and next to them, there is one huge ________________ with its ________________ – how cute, but it is already so huge! Pete's uncle is taking a lot of photos because Pete collects all kinds of pictures with animals in them.
Translate only the marked parts of the sentences.
- Hast du Julias und Emilys neuen Hund gesehen?
- Du kannst dir Lucys Bücher ausleihen.
- Das Auto der Johnsons ist nagelneu.
- Glaubst du, Mr Smiths Sohn kommt in unsere Klasse?
Dieses Dokument stammt aus dem Lernportal Duden Learnattack und ist unter folgender URL aufrufbar:
Weitere Englischthemen findest du hier
Wähle deine Klassenstufe