Relative clauses (1)
Listen to the following track and find the correct answers.
- Trace and her family live ...
- in London.
- in a small town near London.
- Her favourite subjects are ...
- Maths, Geography and Music.
- Maths, Biology and Art.
- She likes to play ...
- Tracy's friend Fiona ...
- has got a cat and a tortoise.
- two cats and three tortoises.
- Fiona usually ...
- saves her pocket money.
- spends her pocket money.
Listen to the track again and answer the questions in full sentences.
- How old is Tracy?
- Has Tracy got any brothers or sisters?
- What kind of house does she live in?
- What does she do when the weather is fine?
- Who is Fiona?
- Has Fiona got any brothers or sisters?
- How much pocket money does Tracy get?
- Who gives her the pocket money?
Fill in the missing words.
- He went to bed (weil) he was tired.
- You can (entweder) have coffee (oder) tea.
- Tom doesn’t talk to Pam (obwohl) he likes her.
- John didn’t win the prize (aber) the audience (Publikum) loved him.
- This is (weder) my dog (noch) his dog.
Find the suitable relative clause. If the relative pronoun corresponds to the object of the sentence leave it out.
- Jane Austen is a British author …
- Volleyball is a team sport …
- I like people …
- Justin is a boy …
- It’s Jim’s box …
- Marion loves a man …
- Where is the pen …
- The car hit the tree …
Make contact clauses. Make one sentence out of two sentences.
- The church is very old. You can see it over there.
- Tummy is a cat. Mice don’t like her.
- The house is very big. It was built by my father.
- This book is very interesting. I read it last year.
Translate the following sentences. Use relative pronouns.
- Ich mag Geschichten, die mit Helden (= heroes) zu tun (= deal with) haben.
- Die Menschen, deren Geschichten spannend sind, sind für mich die interessantesten.
Dieses Dokument stammt aus dem Lernportal Duden Learnattack und ist unter folgender URL aufrufbar:
Weitere Englischthemen findest du hier
Wähle deine Klassenstufe