Past tense (1)
Form the simple past of the following words.
Present or past? Put the words in the correct column.
last year – sometimes – four days ago – often – never – normally – in 1666 – yesterday – last night – always
|simple present||simple past|
Use the simple past to complete the text.
I __________ (to visit) London in 1987 for the first time. In 2004, I __________ (to go) there again and __________ (to have) a good time with an American friend. We also __________ (to explore) Wales that year. Two years ago, I __________ (to travel) to London for the third time because I __________ (to want) to celebrate New Year's Eve with some friends from University. We __________ (to arrive) on 31 December and __________ (to stay) at a friend's house. It __________ (to be) nice to be in the city after such a long time.
Look at the pictures and write sentences in the simple past.
|Peter was at a Bonfire Party. Jack wasn't at the party.|
Listen to the following track and answer the questions. Tick the write answers.
- What was the wolf doing in the forest?
[ ] He was waiting for the little girl.
[ ] He was waiting for something to eat.
[ ] He was trying to hide from the police.
- Why did the wolf talk to the little girl?
[ ] Because he wanted to know where she lived.
[ ] Because he wanted to know where her grandmother lived.
[ ] Because he was hungry and wanted to eat the food the little girl was carrying.
- What did the little girl do after talking to the wolf?
[ ] She disappeared into the woods.
[ ] She went back home.
[ ] She went to her grandmother’s house.
- What did the wolf do to try to trick the girl?
[ ] He put on her grandmother’s clothes and got into bed.
[ ] He put on her grandmother’s clothes and hid under the bed.
[ ] He put on her grandmother’s clothes and sat down beside the bed.
- Was the girl tricked by the wolf’s plan?
[ ] No, she wasn’t.
[ ] Yes, she was.
[ ] She was at first, but then she recognized him.
- When the little girl saw that the wolf was in bed and not her grandmother, she ...
[ ] took out a gun and scared the wolf.
[ ] took out a gun and killed the wolf.
[ ] called the police.
Say it in English.
- Sage auf Englisch, dass du am 5. November krank warst.
- Sage auf Englisch, dass die Schule im Oktober geschlossen war.
- Sage auf Englisch, dass dein Vater gestern zuhause war.
- Sage auf Englisch, dass die Party großartig war.
Klassenarbeiten zum Thema
Weitere Englischthemen findest du hier
Wähle deine Klassenstufe