Klassenarbeit: Verben 2
Listen to the track and answer the following questions.
- What is the name of the radio programme?
- How many million pounds of debt did the British Crown have after the wars?
- Which two Acts were introduced in 1764?
- Why was there so much tea rotting in the London warehouses in 1773?
- Because of the new Tea Act the East India Company had to pay taxes when one of their tea ships …
- entered London.
- entered London and again when it entered a New England harbour.
- entered a New England harbour.
- Citizens wanted …
- the tea to be sold more cheaply.
- the ships with the tea to be unloaded quickly.
- the ships with the tea to return to England without unloading the tea.
- Samuel Adams became famous for having said:
- “This meeting can do more to save the country.”
- “This meeting can do nothing more to save the country.”
- “This meeting can do much more to save the country.”
- When the men threw the tea overboard …
- they worked quickly and caused a lot of damage.
- they were rather slow but didn’t damage anything.
- they worked quickly and didn’t damage anything.
- Historians say that the most important effect of the Boston Tea Party was that …
- the desire for independence gained strength throughout New England.
- the British Crown couldn’t control the colonists.
- tea was thrown overboard in other New England ports.
- The Sons of Liberty dressed up as Native Americans, because …
- they wanted to blame the Native Americans, to avoid arrest themselves.
- the Native Americans were a symbol of freedom and independence.
- the Native Americans were a symbol of war with Britain.
Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in brackets. Use the gerund or the infinitive.
- I can’t stand (clean) the bathroom.
- My parents prefer (go) for a walk to (watch) TV. My brother and I love (stay) alone in the house.
- I was delighted (hear) that I had succeeded in passing the test.
- It is too expensive (buy) a new car every other year.
- My brother really deserves (win) this match.
- He denied (steal) the cell phone.
Choose from the given verbs and be careful, you will have to decide whether to use a gerund or an infinitive: to be (2x) - to come - to ask - to spend - to help - to drive - to hear - to complain.
- What about Aunt Sally to Florida with us? She’s really a nice person to be with, and she would enjoy the trip.
- Instead of about the rain, we should enjoy ourselves.
- In times like this, it’s no use all your money on luxury items.
- On the bad news, she turned pale.
- Sue lent Ben her parents’ car with without her parents.
- Thank you for so helpful!
- Apart from a good friend, Daryl is always there me!
Connect the sentences by using a gerund.
- My sister stays out late every Saturday night. She enjoys it.
- Sally might become a movie star one day. Her boyfriend doesn’t even like the idea of it.
- My brother never saves any money. He isn’t good at it.
- Our parents want to go out for dinner. They suggest it.
- Lauren wants to move out when she’s 21. She’s talking of it already.
- Sam has got to go to the dentist’s again. He’s frightened of it.
- Linda reads bedtime stories to her nephew and niece. They like it.
- Rick spends a lot of money on books. His mum is very fond of it.
Dieses Dokument stammt aus dem Lernportal Duden Learnattack und ist unter folgender URL aufrufbar:
Weitere Englischthemen findest du hier
Wähle deine Klassenstufe