Klassenarbeit: Texte schreiben und überarbeiten 2
Before Sally’s class trip to Wales she wrote a list of things to do.
Things to do:
- copy addresses from address book for postcards
- buy new batteries for my MP3 player ✔
- say “goodbye” to aunt Mabel
- tidy room ✔
- wash favourite jeans ✔
- set video to record “The Music Show”
- switch off computer ✔
- pack bag ✔
Write what Sally has done (✔) and what she hasn’t done yet.
Read the following text and answer the questions.
- Where is the youth hostel?
- How long has the class been in the youth hostel?
- When do the children talk about the ghost?
- What does Sally hear that night?
- Who plays a trick?
At the youth hostel
It is Sally’s third day in an old castle in Wales. The old castle is now a youth hostel. She is talking to her friends at breakfast.
“Did you hear the noise last night?” asks John.
“No, what noise?” asks Peggy.
“There was a moaning1 and a clanking2 sound. I think it was a ghost.”
“Don’t be silly. There are no such things as ghosts,” says Sally but she looks a bit worried.
In the evening the children go to bed. Sally has forgotten about the “ghost” until a horrible noise wakes her up. She jumps out of bed to find Miss McKenzie, her teacher. She runs into the hall and bumps into something soft. She screams. All the other children come out of the rooms. Sally is lying on the floor.
“What has happened?” asks Miss McKenzie. “Why are you not in your bed, Sally?”
“I heard a horrible noise and ran to get you. I ran into something and fell over,” says Sally.
“There are no ghosts here. Now get to bed,” says Miss McKenzie.
Sally goes to bed. John and David watch her with a smile on their faces.
“Let’s do that again in an hour,” whispers David. But Miss McKenzie hears them.
“No, you won’t. Eleven-year-old ‘ghosts’ will go to bed and stay in bed,” she says. “Or do the ‘ghosts’ want to go home tomorrow?”
1 moaning = stöhnen
2 clanking = klirrend
Sally finds out that the “ghost” was David.
Write her e-mail to her parents where she tells them about her trip and the ghost.
Write six sentences.
Fill in the correct verb. Use the present perfect.
borrow – buy – give – go – promise – search
Mrs Parker phones her friend to tell her about Sally. This is what she is saying:
- Sally ________ on a school trip to Wales.
- Her parents ________ her a new rucksack for the trip.
- She ________ my camera to take photos.
- She ________ the Internet on my computer to find information about Wales.
- She ________ to send me a postcard.
- I ________ her five pounds to spend.
Dieses Dokument stammt aus dem Lernportal Duden Learnattack und ist unter folgender URL aufrufbar:
Weitere Englischthemen findest du hier
Wähle deine Klassenstufe