Klassenarbeit: If-clauses 2
The original text was about detecting lies with a machine. Unfortunately, the sentences got completely mixed up by a computer error.
Put the sentences together correctly.
- on the assumption who tell a lie that people The lie detector become stressed works,
- speeds up and that their pulse and makes them sweat the stress.
- sensitive instruments can These effects be detected by.
- meditation techniques A British scientist such as somewhere else autogenic training found out or by imagining to be a lie detector that can be outwitted by (austricksen).
- criticized For this reason are heavily lie detectors.
- to use Judges the results are not allowed of the accused lie detector tests judgement when passing on at court.
Decide, whether these sentences are conditional I, II or III.
- If Grandma has got enough eggs in her fridge, she will bake a cake. (___)
- If she bakes a cake, she will serve it only after lunch. (___)
- If she serves it after lunch, she will also make some tea. (___)
- Why will Grandma wait until after lunch? Because she made a cake yesterday, too. Also yesterday, the kids had discovered the cake as soon as they came home from school and had begged to eat a piece of it before lunch. So what?
Mary, her daughter, has become very angry with Grandma: If the kids hadn’t eaten so much cake before lunch, they would have been hungry enough to finish up their potatoes and vegetables. (___)
- So what would do if you were Grandma? (___)
I bet you’d hide your cake, too!
Complete the dialogue. You have to decide: Conditional I, II or III?
Caroline and Lucy are best friends. They are making plans for their summer holidays.
- Caroline: If my father ________ (say) yes, I ________ (go) to a youth camp for one or two weeks. My mother has already said yes. Why don’t you come with me?
- Lucy: ________ Good idea! But if I ________ (not get) good marks in my report, my parents ________ (not let) me go.
- Caroline: Well, I told you to work harder. If you ________ (not fail) the last test in March, you ________ (not be) in trouble ever since.
- Lucy: I know. And I don’t think that they will allow it. Anyway, where ________ (we/go) if my parents ________ (agree)?
- Caroline: There’s a camp where you can do horse-riding. I thought about going there. My mum says if I ________ (enjoy) horse-riding, she ________ (let) me have more horse-riding lessons here.
- Lucy: You’re lucky. If my grades ________ (not improve), my mum ________ (never / allow me / do) that. She says I need to work much more in the afternoons.
- Caroline: Maybe she’s right. Anyway, the camp is quite expensive. You ________ (have to / find) a job if your parents ________ (not pay) for everything.
- Lucy: I’m sure they won’t! If only I ________ (not buy) the new stereo last month, then I ________ (save) more than enough money to pay for the trip.
- Caroline: Yes, and if I ________ (win) the lottery, I ________ (pay) for you. But I’m not old enough to buy a lottery ticket, so we’ll have to find a different solution.
- Lucy: I should talk to my parents first. If they ________ (not let) me go, I ________ (not have to / think) about the money at all.
What if...? Form reasonable answers.
- What would you do if your boyfriend / girlfriend would cheat on you?
- What would you do if you smelt a fire?
- What would you do if you weren’t prepared for your maths exam?
- What would you do if you found a spider in your bag?
- What would you do if you met Brad Pitt?
Translate the following sentences.
- Wenn der Rettungswagen schneller da gewesen wäre, hätte sie überlebt.
- Wenn ich nach London umziehen würde, könnte ich mir dort nur eine kleine Wohnung leisten.
- Falls ich Großvater besuche, grüße ich ihn von dir.
- Falls meine Schwester nach Neuseeland umzieht, nimmt sie all ihre Möbel mit.
- Es ist zehn vor acht. Wenn ich du wäre, würde ich sofort aufstehen.
Dieses Dokument stammt aus dem Lernportal Duden Learnattack und ist unter folgender URL aufrufbar:
Weitere Englischthemen findest du hier
Wähle deine Klassenstufe