Klassenarbeit: If-clauses 1
Link these sentences so that they make sense.
|If Laura had sent a SMS,||she could still wear her trendy pair of jeans.|
|I would have met them at the airport||if you pass your exam.|
|If Mary wouldn’t eat so much chocolate,||her friends would have known where she was.|
|If you fail your exam,||if they had informed me about their flight number and times.|
|We will take you to Disneyland||we will stay at home.|
Choose the correct tense for the verbs in brackets.
- If it rains, I ________ (to take) my umbrella.
- I ________ (to close) all schools if I were Prime Minister.
- Would you be glad if someone ________ (to buy) your old car?
- If you don’t have an interesting book to read, I ________ (to lend) you one.
- We would all still go on horseback if nobody ________ (to invent) the motor engine.
- If he had played a bad concert, his mother ________ (to be disappointed).
- ________ (to read) more if you had more time?
- If it snows tomorrow, we ________ (to build) a snowman.
- My friends would have laughed at me if they ________ (to see) me trying to ride a unicycle (Einrad).
- Your hair ________ (to look) better if you hadn’t cut it.
Translate the following sentences into German.
- Wenn es morgen regnet, findet unser Ausflug nicht statt.
- Mein Hund wäre nicht gestorben, wenn er rechtzeitig Medikamente bekommen hätte.
- Lisa würde sich sehr freuen, wenn Max zu ihrer Party kommen würde.
- Du kannst die Hausaufgaben bei mir abschreiben, wenn du sie nicht hast.
- Wenn ich Spanisch sprechen könnte, würde ich meine Freundin in Argentinien besuchen.
Listen to the text for the first time. For each statement, tick whether it is true or false or whether there is nothing said about it in the text.
|true||false||not in the text|
|This episode of “Milestones in American History” deals with the Boston Tea Party.|
|Walter Peabody wrote a book about famous American tea drinkers.|
|Mr Peabody says that the colonists had to pay taxes because of the debts of the British Crown due to wars with the French and the Native Americans.|
|The wars had been so expensive because they had been going on for so long.|
|The slogan “no taxation without representation” meant that colonists were not willing to pay taxes unless they could send their own politicians to the parliament in London.|
|The colonists’ reaction to the taxes was a boycott of tea sold by the British West India Company.|
|The tea company then tried to sell its tea from China with the help of smugglers.|
|Because of the Tea Act the company finally could offer the tea even cheaper than the smugglers.|
|The price for tea was even cheaper than that for beer in those days.|
|The three famous ships which were lying in Boston Harbor in December 1773 were the Beaver, the Dartmouth and the Eleanour.|
|The Sons of Liberty were a group of Native Americans who fought for more independence from the Crown.|
|The incident is called the “Boston Tea Party” because the tea-leaves turned the water in the harbour into tea.|
Dieses Dokument stammt aus dem Lernportal Duden Learnattack und ist unter folgender URL aufrufbar:
Weitere Englischthemen findest du hier
Wähle deine Klassenstufe