Klassenarbeit: Future 1
Fill in the correct form of the verbs. Use future perfect.
Be careful, the passive voice might sometimes be needed.
- Mum: When you get up tomorrow morning, I ________ (already / have) my breakfast.
But I will leave you some cornflakes on the table.
- Peter: I hope I ________ (learn) my vocabulary by seven o’clock tonight.
I don’t want to miss my favourite TV show.
- Mum: This time tomorrow, you ________ (write) your English test, so you won’t have to work for it tomorrow afternoon.
- Peter: Great! I really hope my new book ________ (be / deliver) by the time I am back from school.
I want to start reading it as soon as I get home.
- Mum: What do you think? ________ (finish) your book by the time I get back from work in the evening?
- Peter: Very funny, Mum. But it has more than 300 pages, I guess I ________ (not / finish) it until the end of next week.
Sarah and her mum are looking at the weather forecast and making plans for their holidays. Use the future progressive to fill the gaps.
- Sarah: “It ________ (regnen) on Monday. I ________ (bleiben) in bed until noon. I ________ (auf stehen) only to fetch myself something to eat and to drink!”
- Sarah’s mum: “It ________ (bewölkt sein) on Tuesday. I ________ (dich ausführen) shopping. And we________ (einladen) your grandparents for dinner.”
- Sarah: “It ________ (sonnig sein) on Wednesday. I ________ (verbringen) the day at the swimming pool. And maybe I ________ (treffen) Peter there, too.”
- Mum: “I ________ (sich entspannen) and ________ (lesen) a book on the sofa, because I don’t like swimming pools at all.”
- Sarah: “It ________ (sein) another dry, hot day on Thursday. I ________ (verbringen) another day at the pool.”
- Mum: “You ________ (sein / müssen) home early, though. There ________ (sein) a thunderstorm in the evening!”
- Sarah: “That’s okay, Mum. I ________ (zu Hause sein) early enough.”
What will happen next? Use the right future tense.
- I feel so sick, I ________ (to see / better) the doctor.
- I am late with lunch. Laura ________ (not / to do) her homework right away, she ________ (to help) me cut carrots and prepare lunch.
- Mr and Mrs Smith promise their children: “We ________ (not / to be) back late. The film ________ (to finish) at 9 o’clock.
Translate the following words into German.
- voice mail
- school life
- highschool graduation
- school year
- lunch break
- extracurricular activities
Translate the following sentences into German. If you are not sure what they mean, listen to Mariella’s voicemail. Sometimes the context makes it easier to translate.
- It was very interesting for us to hear about your lives.
- Especially as far as school-life is concerned.
- Strangely, outside school teenagers seem to be the same all over the world.
- If you want to take your “Abitur” – which is comparable to A-Levels in the UK or high school graduation in America, since it allows you to go to university – you have to go to a “Gymnasium”.
- At those schools the pupils are divided into different groups for most subjects, depending on their abilities.
- We have a different timetable for each day of the week, but it is repeated week by week throughout of the school year.
- Since we don’t have a cafeteria, every pupil has to bring his or her own lunch to school.
- Oh, and just in case you are jealous that in Germany school finishes so early – we also start early!
- If you are not interested in any of these workshops you can go home after your last lesson.
- Don’t hesitate to ask us more questions!
Dieses Dokument stammt aus dem Lernportal Duden Learnattack und ist unter folgender URL aufrufbar:
Weitere Englischthemen findest du hier
Wähle deine Klassenstufe