Klassenarbeit: Aussagesätze 2
Add the adverbial in brackets and rewrite the sentences.
- I noticed that I had forgotten my wallet when I arrived at the supermarket. (Not until)
- The thieves had left when the police arrived. (Hardly)
- She came home. She realized how lucky she had been. (Not until)
Form complete sentences
- everything / Peter / prevent / drink / we / must do
- Italian / suggest / learn / I
- book / worth / read / be
- not matter / what / say / he / nobody / listen to / him / it
- more + more / earn / spend / I / money
Rewrite the following sentences by starting with the marked adverb.
- Robert rarely stayed at home to do school work.
- He never thought about what his future might bring.
- He had hardly gone to university when he had to work harder.
- He has seldom felt so determined to be successful.
Which expression doesn't fit into the row? Cross it out and explain your decision.
- How about …? – to waste time – to allow – to be worth
- typical of – danger of – method of – experience in
- to imagine – to detest – to consider – to expect
Insert the correct preposition.
- They have been dreaming ____ buying a house since 1998.
- My parents have an interest ____ gardening.
- Most immigrants have difficulties ____ finding a good job.
- My brother must have a reason ____ being so helpful with the dishes.
- Ian is interested ____ seeing the new exhibition.
Decide whether you need to use the infinitiv or gerund.
- It’s not worth ________ (to buy) that book. It’s boring.
- My mother forced me ________ (to study) some English vocabulary.
- Dad permitted Hannah ________ (to go) to the party on Saturday.
- Would you mind ________ (to help) me with the dishes?
- I can hardly resist ________ (to eat) another ice cream.
- Instead of ________ (to watch) TV you had better go swimming!
- Children usually love ________ (to play) games.
- Cara was the best pupil ________ (to play) the violin.
Dieses Dokument stammt aus dem Lernportal Duden Learnattack und ist unter folgender URL aufrufbar:
Weitere Englischthemen findest du hier
Wähle deine Klassenstufe