Indirect speech (2)
Choose the correct verb: to say or to tell.
- Sonia me that you were ill.
- What did you the police?
- Anne goodbye to me and left.
- us about your holiday. Did you have a nice time?
- Don’t just stand there! something!
- I wonder where Sue is. She she would be here at 8 o’clock.
- Ralph couldn’t help me. He me to ask Kate.
Yesterday you talked to Judy. Today you tell your best friend what you were talking about.
- Judy said her parents ...
- Then I told her ...
Translate the following sentences.
- Jeff sagte mir, dass Sue krank sei.
- Anne und Michael sagten, dass sie Tennis spielen wollen.
- Tom sagte mir, dass er keinen Tee mag.
- Mrs Brown sagt, dass sie jeden Tag früh aufstehe.
- Julias Eltern sagten ihr, dass sie dieses Kleid nicht in der Schule tragen könne.
Match the German and English phrases for letters.
Sarah wants to write a letter to her German friend Tina. Here are her notes. Write the letter and use these notes.
- thank her for letter
- good that she enjoyed holidays
- we’re back at school, too
- ask Tina if I told her that I’m at new school – first day yesterday – really nervous
- mum and dad took me by car – first had to go to head teacher – nice, name: Mrs Thompson – showed me how to get to new class
- all kids in class new – we’re in secondary school now – like German “Gymnasium” (so far I attended primary school, stayed there for 6 years)
- great: to be old enough – new school – lots of cute older boys
- new classmates: nice
- teachers: seem OK, too – only chemistry teacher (Mr Whitehead) strange – old – smells. Yuck!
- later: went to cafeteria (have lunch), some older girls pushed us around, said we were sitting at their table. Samantha – really ugly & terrible, took bottle of ketchup & squeezed it all over my chips – couldn’t eat them anymore, but was lucky – chemistry teacher saw it, shouted at her
- she had to buy new chips for me & he sent her to detention (= you have to stay longer at school after lessons/extra work/think about what you have done wrong). Ha-ha!
- Mr Whitehead not so bad after all?
- Ask Tina to tell – about her first day at school – hope she had better start
- write soon
Dieses Dokument stammt aus dem Lernportal Duden Learnattack und ist unter folgender URL aufrufbar:
Weitere Englischthemen findest du hier
Wähle deine Klassenstufe