Complete the gaps with the correct future form: will-future, going-to-future, present progressive, simple present, future progressive, or future perfect.
- In August we _________________________ (to live) in Berlin for three years.
- His bus _________________________ (to not leave) at 10 00 a.m., it _________________________ (to leave) at 11:00 a.m.
- What _________________________ (you / to do) today after school?
- Sometime in the next two years _________________________ (to visit) my aunt in Australia.
- Two days from now we _________________________ (to travel) to sunny Spain for our fall holiday.
Don’t worry, I _________________________ (to help) you with your computer tomorrow.
Going-to-future or present progressive with future meaning? Complete the sentences with the correct form.
- A: “How’s your friend in Alaska?”
B: “Jim? Oh, he’s fine, thanks for asking.”
A: “I remember when he visited you a few years ago. Have you ever visited him?”
B: “No, but we _________________________ (to visit) him someday. We’re not sure when, though.”
- A: “How’s your sister?”
B: “She’s fine, thanks. She loves living in Munich. We _________________________ (to visit) next month. We’re leaving on the 14th and coming back on the 21st. I’m looking forward to seeing her.”
- A: “What are you and Willy doing tomorrow afternoon?”
B: “We _________________________ (to meet) a bunch of the guys in the park. We _________________________ (to grill) some sausages and we _________________________ (to play) football if it doesn’t rain.”
- A: “That’s your second cigarette in the last hour. You know, smoking is really unhealthy.”
B: “I know, I know. Don’t worry, I _________________________ (to quit).”
- A: “Where are your parents?”
B: “They’re still at work. After they get home we _________________________ (to eat) dinner at the local Indian restaurant. You can come with us if you want.”
Every week, Paula uploads a podcast about her life. Listen to the audio, then answer the questions.
- Describe Paula’s feelings about being asked what she’s going to do in the future.
- Explain why Paula went to a fortuneteller and what she learned from the woman about her future.
- Name what Paula says she won’t do in the future.
- Make four or five predictions about your future. Use the correct future forms.
Unscramble the sentences. Use either the future progressive or future perfect.
- I / finish / writing my exams / by this time / next week
- she / travel / to England / for her year / abroad / in two weeks
- he / have / his job interview / at the shop / by next / Friday
- we / enjoy / our winter holiday / this time / next month
- she / not already finish / all her homework / when the final school bell rings
Translate the sentences into English.
- Ich denke, ich werde mein rotes Kleid heute anziehen.
- Wann wirst du deine Ausbildung beendet haben?
- Wird er nächstes Jahr seinen Führerscheintest machen?
- Unser Flug wird um 9 Uhr morgens ankommen.
- Wir treffen uns morgen Nachmittag um drei mit unserem Physiklehrer.
Dieses Dokument stammt aus dem Lernportal Duden Learnattack und ist unter folgender URL aufrufbar:
Weitere Englischthemen findest du hier
Wähle deine Klassenstufe