Adverbial clauses (2)
Find the correct English words and expressions for the following German words from the text below the expressions. Don’t use your dictionary.
- (elektrische) Spannung -
- enthalten / beinhalten -
- Wiedergabe -
- Stromversorgung -
- Standort -
- Wandsteckdose -
(1) Before operating the system, check that the operating voltage indicated on the type plate of your system is identical with the voltage of your local power supply. If not, please consult your dealer. The type plate is located at the rear of your system. (2) When the system is switched on, do not move it around. (3) Place the system in a location with adequate ventilation to prevent internal heat build-up in your system. (4) The system incorporates a built-in safety feature that prevents over-heating. (5) Do not expose the system to excessive moisture, rain, sand or heat sources. (6) Under no circumstances should you repair the system yourself, as this will invalidate the warranty! (7) If the system is brought directly from a cold to a warm location, or is placed in a very damp room, moisture may condense on the lens of the CD unit inside the system. Should this occur, the CD player will not operate normally. Leave the power on for about one hour with no disc in the system until normal playback is possible. (8) Electrostatic discharge may cause unexpected problems. See whether these problems disappear if you unplug the AC power cord and plug it in again after a few seconds. (9) To disconnect the system from the power supply completely, remove the AC power plug from the wall socket.
Complete the sentences. Use your own words to do so. Re-read the text of Aufgabe 1.
- If your system is not identical with the voltage of your own power supply, .
- The system shouldn’t be moved around .
- The system should also not be placed in a location .
- If you don’t want the guarantee to become invalid, don’t .
- If moisture condenses on the lens of the CD, .
- If you unplug the AC power cord, problems .
Complete the sentences with the following conjunctions: as - although - since - where - as soon as - because.
- We had a very good time in Wales, it rained a lot.
- my sister doesn’t like any seafood, we never go to the wonderful fish restaurant in O’Connell Street.
- I have to call my parents we arrive at the youth hostel.
- She has been complaining about her neighbours she moved to her new flat in London.
- I want to go to the tennis club my friend Nora has got an important match today.
- Do you know the train for Brighton leaves?
Make adverbial clauses. Use the appropriate conjunctions and pay attention to the correct tense.
- We / must leave / for the show in good time / we / to get / good seats
- You / to ruin / your eyes / you / read / in this bad light
- My father / often / to eat / sweets / to work / on his computer
Mark the conjunctions in the following sentences and identify the type of the adverbial clause.
- I switched off the light before I had fallen asleep.
- She was very nervous because she had to go to the police.
- Wherever we looked, we couldn’t find her earrings.
Dieses Dokument stammt aus dem Lernportal Duden Learnattack und ist unter folgender URL aufrufbar:
Weitere Englischthemen findest du hier
Wähle deine Klassenstufe